Select a Major
For the past 28 years, Shaun has been the Head Soccer Coach at Central Connecticut State University, an NCAA Division One team that competes in the Northeast Conference. Coach Green has won 247 games at the collegiate level. In 2011, he led the Blue Devils to the Northeast Conference Championship and was voted “Coach of the Year” by his peers in 2003 and 2011. In addition, the Blue Devils have been ranked 14 times in the National top 25. Shaun is currently an associate professor at Central where he received his tenure from the University in 1991. He holds an NSCAA Advanced National Coaching Diploma and a United States Soccer Federation ‘A’ License.
Sample Soccer Schedule
- 5 minutes – introductions
- 10 minutes – warm up drill, jog around field: High Knees, Open Gate, Close Gate, Groin, Butt Kicks
- 5 minutes – stretching circle
- 10 minutes – passing Drill: 3 man passing. One touch, two touch, Inside foot, Outside foot, Knee, Headers. Returning ball where it came from.
- Water break
- 15 minutes – shooting drill: Around the cone (look at shooting drills).
- 10 minutes – 6 v 4: work on movement of the ball around the back, cutting and getting yourself open without the ball, Offense score goal, Defense get the ball out of bounds or gain possession of the ball. Shuffle defenders and offense in and out.
- 5 minutes – Plyometrics. Cones set up, shuffle, High knees, sprint, backwards. 3 sets a piece.
- Closing circle
- 5 minutes – warm up two, Pele Circle
- 20 minutes – Offense, Defense: 8 v 6: Offense score goals, movement without the ball and lots of talk. Defense, stop goals and get the ball to the other side of the field, out of bounds, or gain possession.
- 15 minutes – Shooting Drill: Ball in the air. Start about 4 feet away, keep stepping back until you cannot hit the back of the net in the air. The last person is the winner. Go through about 3 times.
- 10 minutes – Passing: Player in the middle, one on each side. Pass to the player in the middle and return pass outside. Turn and receive then pass back to outside.
- How do you guys want to end the day??? We worked hard, we can play some world cup or we can scrimmage, or have a pk shootout, or something else that someone comes up with.
- 10 minutes – Conditioning: cone circle, go from inside cone to outside back, inside to outside and back. Continue until the end, finish when you have gone through 2 times.
BSC has not only improved my soccer technique, but it has also improved the way I think. I always feel like a new and improved player after every summer at camp. The coaching staff gives me the confidence I need to achieve my goals for the upcoming season.Evan (4-year camper from NY)
I just had a clean sheet today for my school in very competitive soccer. I would like to thank the BSC soccer staff for making me a better player and helping me to focus on my game.Ry (5-year camper from CT)